It’s that time of year when everyone indulges in making New Year’s resolutions they absolutely know they will have no success at keeping. I hope that I will have a bit more luck this year at some of my resolutions. And so, without further ado, here are my resolutions for the new year.
- More work on this blog. Well, that goes without saying. I want to write something every day which is the purpose of the “What’s Goin’ On” which is my version of Morning Pages, a data dump for the previous day and will be such things as my reaction to the few television shows that I watch, a book I have read (not a structured review but my reaction), disc golf (a sport I perform support services for due to my son’s participation), an editorial rant on people behaving badly or any other thing that might cross my mind. The entire purpose of this is just to write something every day even if it is only a paragraph or two.
- Work on my novel for a couple of hours each day. I now have a good idea of how I want my progression to go so hopefully I will be more organized and get more accomplished.
- Publish more fiction here. I don’t want to publish the book until it is finished, but I do plan to start putting some stuff up that is not a part of any of the books, per se. Probably some Flash Fiction and Short Stories that are set in the worlds of the novels. I also have something I am developing that can be put up in serial form as well as some attempts at artwork and poetry.
- More Poetry. I want to read at least one poem a day and attempt one poem a week.
- Free write every day for at least half an hour. Just to see what I come up with.
So I pretty much neglected this blog last year but I will make sure things change this year.